Pages

Friday, November 18, 2011

Two of the same


I've often heard the tip that if you find a basic item of clothing you like, you should buy it in multiples. I did that once about four years ago - I bought two pairs of bootcut jeans from Gap because they were the only jeans I'd ever found that looked good on me. And it's been nice not having to worry about finding another decent pair of bootcut jeans since then. When I bought these rust-colored cords a few weeks ago from Anthropologie, they pretty much instantly became my new favorite pants, so I went back to Anthropologie the other day to see if they still had them in navy blue. (Which they did - for only $30!) Now I have two pairs of the same pants, and what's great is that because they're different colors, they'll go with practically every top in my closet - I can wear the reddish pair with more neutral tops, and the blue pair with brighter tops.


Sweater: from my mom
Pants: Anthropologie (here in beige)
Shoes: Sam Edelman from Nordstrom Rack
Hat: H&M
Necklace: Forever 21
Bracelet: free from my aunt
Belt: thrifted from Goodwill

5 comments:

  1. sweet deal, those pants are great, can't wait to see what you do with the navy - and i love those shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. definitely a great idea with those pants, they are AWESOME!

    dash dot dotty

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm totally for buying multiples of something that looks amazing. I just bought 6 of the same T-shirt from H&M in different colors.

    I still love those pants, girl :)

    GlamCake

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally do that all the time! Stick with what works right?! And those pants work! And only $30 and ANTHRO?! You would be nuts not to grab them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still loveee these pants!
    I feel like doing the same with a coral skirt I bought the other day..they had the same one in navy that I loved just as much!

    You always style these so nicely :)

    much love, unremittingly kel

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...