Pages

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Winterized paisley


I've only shown this dress on the blog once before (here), but it's actually a dress that I wore at least once a week during the summer. When the cold weather hit, though, I didn't have as much use for it - until the other day, when I realized I could just layer a turtleneck under it and stay toasty warm that way.

Do you see that blue bracelet in the photo below? I made it! Last year I kept saying I wanted to learn how to make jewelry, so for Christmas my aunt Gail got me a kit full of all the basic supplies I'd need, and on Sunday she showed me how to make a bracelet. I'm sure I'll just be making simple things at first (probably full of many errors), but I can't wait until the day that I know how to make some really wild pieces!



Paisley dress: antique show
Black turtleneck: Old Navy
Hat: Fred Meyer
"S" pin: gift from my mom, from an antique show
Black leather belt: gift from my parents, from Uruguay
Bracelets: H&M and self-made
Gold tights: H&M
Black wedge boots: Lulu's

6 comments:

  1. Your dress is amazing! Jewelry making is something I would like to dabble in as well. Can't wait to see what you design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that dress is so pretty! while I think I prefer it's summertime incarnation, I love that you are making it work for winter too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh. My. Goodness. I think I'm in love with your dress!!! Such a great pattern, and bright popping colours. Love that you added the orange tights.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your dress. Great job on the bracelet. Jewelry making is fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a very pretty paisley dress and I love how you styled it for winter. And your DIYed bracelet is great as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your tights are awesome. I loveee the color. I'm recently started to become obsessed with solid tights!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...