Pages

Friday, May 11, 2012

Vivid hues


I don't mean to brag, but here in Portland we've been having superb weather lately. The temperatures have been ascending into the 70's and 80's, the skies have been clear, and the evenings are slightly warm and full of beautiful, soft light. Some days I spend hours outside, wandering around the streets and taking photos of the flowers. (Like the photo at the very bottom - I took that yesterday in Northwest Portland.)

I loved this outfit - color-blocking is still one of my favorite things to do with my clothes. It always surprises me how much attention these vivid hues draw when I walk outside. In the fashion blogging world this color combination would be considered fun but not out of place; but Portland, which is known for its weirdness, is not known for having people dress in neon colors. So even though the cut of this outfit was tame, the colors were unusual for the streets of Portland.



At first I liked this photo, but now I'm starting to think I look bug-eyed in it. Oh well, I'm keeping it because it's the only one that shows my purse.
 


Purple top: thrifted from Crossroads Trading Co.
Pink pleated skirt: H&M
White wedges: Sam Edelman (Kendall wedges) from Piperlime
White purse: free from my aunt
White pearl necklace: gift from a friend
Silver bracelet: won in a giveaway
White bracelet: H&M

2 comments:

  1. Most beautiful outfit ever Stacey! I love the bright colors, those lovely pleats and those heels!!!! Hope your warm weather is here to stay and that you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad to hear you've been having such fab weather, and your outfit looks so summery and wonderful!
    love the perspective on your last shot - gorgeous!
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...